- “Righting historical wrongs: Belgium’s colonial past and the quest for justice,” a video produced by M. Amah Edoh and ASF on the Belgian Commission.
- Episode on Justice Experience podcast featuring Liliane Umubyeyi and M. Amah Edoh on the significance of this historical moment for movements for racial justice in Europe (in French)
Relevant articles :
- Quartz Series on “How to do reparations (paywall)”
- The Guardian: “Activists target removal of statues including Columbus and King Leopold II”
- BBC: “France to rename streets after African WW2 heroes”
- The Time: “European Museums Keep Talking About Repatriating Colonial Objects”
- The Guardian: “Britain needs a truth and reconciliation commission, not another racism inquiry”
- The Brussels Time: “Parliament approves commission on Belgium’s colonial past”
- The European Union’s 2020-25 Action Plan, establishing the link between colonialism and the perpetuation of stereotypes and discrimination in European societies.